Since Lillian is so small I used the 6-12 month pattern instead of the 12-24 month. She will be two in a week but is only in 18 month clothes. To figure out which size I wanted, I put the pattern against a diaper cover that we had. The 12-24 month seemed a little big so that is why I chose the 6-12 month. It does fit but I might try an in between size for the next one.
This was fairly easy to make but sort of a pain in the butt (no pun intended). You just sew the three edges together (of course leaving the opening for each leg and then the waist).
Then comes the “hard” part, again, it’s not really hard but takes awhile and is a pain. It wouldn’t be as big of a deal if you had a serger because you could just serge the edges.
Instead, I had to fold each edge under and then do it again so it made a “pocket” for the elastic. Inserting the elastic was easy but does take some time.
I actually remembered to insert a tag in the back! I would really like to make or have some real tags with my logo made but for now just some fabric will work.
I will definitely be making another one, especially since I need one for the skirt I made Lillian for her birthday party. It’s a fairly quick project and is totally worth the time that it does take so that Lillian’s diaper isn’t showing.